A lot of businesses today want to use renewable energy to gain a competitive advantage and satisfy increasing demands for environmental responsibility.
Rather than fall behind in their sustainability goals, businesses can easily enhance their energy strategies by procuring varying amounts of green power - up to 100% - and earning certification that validates their efforts.
Renewable Energy Certificates
To encourage the sale of renewable electricity nationwide, a system was established that separates renewable electricity generation into two parts: the electricity produced by a renewable generator and the environmental attributes of that generation. These attributes include the tons of greenhouse gas avoided by generating electricity from renewable resources instead of conventional fuels.
What exactly am I purchasing?
- Green-e Energy* Certified RECs from wind generating facilities located within the continental United States
- Support from Constellation's green team and marketing experts to help effectively demonstrate your commitment to the environment
- Membership in the Constellation Green Community, which allows access to the Energy4Business blog and numerous articles on sustainable business practices and trends
Why should I buy RECs instead of choosing a different renewable energy solution?
- Purchasing RECs is quick and easy while showing your support for the operation and development of renewable power plants
- RECs allow you to make environmental claims about a reduction in green house gas emissions associated with your electricity use
- It allows you to demonstrate your commitment to the environment to your customers, employees and other stakeholders
How do I get started and what are my options?
Constellation offers business customers three options for purchasing RECs
- Bundled Electricity and RECs - Business customers can easily package RECs into their electricity contract up front with a single transaction. This arrangement covers a designated percent of electricity usage for the full term.
- RECs Only - For business customers looking to add renewable energy to their plan, this option allows them to match a percentage of electricity purchased with RECs or by a fixed quantity. Customers can choose when and how many RECs they want to procure at any point.
- Alternative Sources - Beyond RECs, businesses have numerous options for renewable energy sources that vary in complexity and cost.
Interested in getting started and learning how we can help you promote your new renewable strategy? Have one of our specialists contact you.
Areas We Serve
Do we serve your state? Click below to view our interactive map.
Ready to begin discussing your options? We'll put a specialist in touch with you.
These materials are provided by Constellation NewEnergy, Inc., Constellation Energy Power Choice, LLC, Constellation Energy Gas Choice, LLC, Constellation Energy Services, Inc., Constellation Energy Services – Natural Gas, LLC, or BGE Home Products & Services, LLC (d/b/a BGE Home, Constellation Electric and Constellation Home in Maryland and d/b/a Constellation Home in Pennsylvania and Texas), each a subsidiary of Exelon Corporation. Exelon Corporation also owns Baltimore Gas and Electric Company (BGE), ComEd and PECO energy companies. BGE Home Products & Services, LLC, is not the same company as BGE, the regulated utility. The prices of Constellation are not regulated by any state Public Utility Commission. You do not have to buy Constellation electricity, natural gas or any other products to receive the same quality regulated service from your local utility. Brand names and product names are trademarks or service marks of their respective holders. All rights reserved. Errors and omissions excepted.
Electricity or Gas Supplier License #s: CT DPUC Docket No.99-11-14 07-03-08, 06-02-17; GA PSC License Docket #: 22253, GM-33; IL #s 11-0394, 10-0540, 02-0489; 10-0129, 07-0279, MD License #s IR-228, IR-1853, IR-311, IR-327, IR-500; MA License #CS-045; MI Case #U-14066, U-13660; NJ License #ESL-0016, ESL-0066; GSL-0074; OH #s 00-003E(7); 02-021G(6); PA#s A-125050, A-110036, A-110186; Washington D.C. Supplier License Docket EA01-5, EA-06-5-4, #GA-2012-12, GA-11-5