Patriot Place 525 kW Solar Power System in Foxborough, MA
Ready to begin discussing your options? We'll put a specialist in touch with you.
Will Solar Work For You?
Watch this video to find out.
How Solar Power Works at the Home of the New England Patriots
Constellation constructed a solar installation that generates approximately 525 kilowatts (kW) of clean renewable solar power at Patriot Place, the 1.3-million-square-foot entertainment, retail and dining destination adjacent to Gillette Stadium in Foxborough, Massachusetts, home of the New England Patriots.
- 528 kW DC solar installation across seven buildings
- 2,556 Evergreen 205 Watt mono-crystalline photovoltaic solar panels
- 625,000 kilowatt hours of electricity anticipated to be generated annually
- 12 million kilowatt hours of electricity estimated to be generated over 20 years
- 30 percent of the Patriot's Place annual electric consumption provided by the system (estimated)
- 20-year Power Purchase Agreement
- Commissioned July 2010
- Solar Installation on the roof of The Hall are visible to visitors from inside Gillette Stadium, as well as Patriot Place's upper retail plaza
Why Patriot Place chose Solar
The solar power generation systems were developed at Patriot Place to produce clean sustainable energy. Today Massachusetts is on track to realize a 20-fold increase in solar power over a four-year period. This 525-kilowatt array at Patriot Place is another chapter in the Commonwealth's solar success story that will have a huge public profile throughout the New England Patriot's football season and beyond, and promote practical and cost-effective commercial applications of solar power.
Solar energy is clean, renewable and provides abundant amounts of safe and sustainable energy for both heat and power. Solar energy is the fastest growing energy source in the world and is more reliable and affordable than ever before.
- Over 20 years, the solar power systems at Patriot Place will generate the same amount of electricity that, with non-renewable resources, would result in the release of more than 8,800 metric tons of carbon dioxide into the atmosphere
- 8,800 metric tons of carbon dioxide reduction is equivalent to:
- 1,600 passenger vehicles removed from the road
- Electricity use of more than 1,000 average American homes
- Emissions from the consumption of 19,500 barrels of oil
Power Purchase Agreement
By financing this project through a 20-year power purchase agreement, Constellation Energy required no upfront capital from Patriot Place and kept its power costs fixed at a lower than projected market rates.
These materials are provided by Constellation NewEnergy, Inc., Constellation Energy Power Choice, Inc., Constellation Energy Gas Choice, Inc., Constellation Energy Services, Inc., Constellation Energy Services – Natural Gas, LLC, or BGE Home Products & Services, LLC (d/b/a BGE Home, Constellation Electric and Constellation Home in Maryland and d/b/a Constellation Home in Pennsylvania and Texas), each a subsidiary of Exelon Corporation. Exelon Corporation also owns Baltimore Gas and Electric Company (BGE), ComEd and PECO energy companies. BGE Home Products & Services, LLC, is not the same company as BGE, the regulated utility. The prices of Constellation are not regulated by any state Public Utility Commission. You do not have to buy Constellation electricity, natural gas or any other products to receive the same quality regulated service from your local utility. Brand names and product names are trademarks or service marks of their respective holders. All rights reserved. Errors and omissions excepted.
Electricity or Gas Supplier License #s: CT DPUC Docket No.99-11-14 07-03-08, 06-02-17; GA PSC License Docket #: 22253, GM-33; IL #s 11-0394, 10-0540, 02-0489; 10-0129, 07-0279, MD License #s IR-228, IR-1853, IR-311, IR-327, IR-500; MA License #CS-045; MI Case #U-14066, U-13660; NJ License #ESL-0016, ESL-0066; GSL-0074; OH #s 00-003E(7); 02-021G(6); PA#s A-125050, A-110036, A-110186; Washington D.C. Supplier License Docket EA01-5, EA-06-5-4, #GA-2012-12, GA-11-5