Sears Customers, Choose Your Energy Provider & Save!
For a long time only one company, your local utility, provided all aspects of energy services to your home. But in more recent years states across the country have developed competitive energy markets, allowing electricity suppliers to compete with each other over the price of electricity to power your home. This competition provides choices for consumers, ranging from selecting a plan with environmental benefits to immediate savings over your utility’s current rate.
Exclusive Energy Savings Event at Chicagoland Sears Stores
ComEd customers can choose plans that include at least 10% and up to 100% green energy generated from renewable wind power sources as well as plans with savings up to 12% lower than ComEd’s current electricity supply rate*.
From August 5 to the end of Labor Day, ComEd customers that visit select Sears locations and purchase an Energy Star appliance can save on their home energy costs and receive a $100 Constellation Visa® Prepaid Card** in five easy steps:
1. As mentioned above, purchase an Energy Star appliance from Sears Oakbrook (2 Oakbrook Center), Vernon Hills (2 Hawthorn Center) or Orland Park (2 Orland Park Drive) locations.
2. Obtain a Promo Code card when you check out.
3. Have your ComEd account number available. For your convenience, a phone for calling ComEd Customer Service has been provided at the Constellation kiosk located inside the store.
4. Choose a rate plan that fits your needs and sign up at the Constellation kiosk, or by visiting constellation.com/sears. Be sure to have your Promo Code with you.
5. Sign up for your $100 Visa® Prepaid Card and start saving on electricity.
The Choice to Save is Easy
For homeowners and renters in states that allow residents to choose
from whom they buy their power, it may seem challenging to make a decision when it comes to selecting a new electricity supplier
As more information has become readily available, residential consumers can educate themselves about what questions to ask and what to look for when choosing a new electricity provider.
Watch this video to find out how simple it is to choose a new electricity supplier.
What stays the same?
ComEd will continue to:
- Transmit and deliver electricity to your home.
- Respond to outage and emergency situations.
- Provide equal service to all customers regardless of the energy supplier used.
- Read your meter each month.
- Bill you the same way as they do today.
Constellation will provide*:
- A low energy supply rate (kWh).
- Price protection from rate volatility for up to 24 months.
- A 90-day customer satisfaction guarantee***.
- Exceptional US-based customer service.
- Hassle-free switching – no service interruption, no sign up fees.
Why Constellation is a Smart Choice
We know the electricity business and serve millions of customers across the United States. We started serving Illinois customers in 1999.
Over 5,000 companies and organizations in Illinois have partnered with or chosen Constellation for their electricity supply needs. It’s a smart choice with savings and price protection from rate volatility.
© 2011 Sears Brands, LLC; Constellation Energy Group, Inc. Trademarks and copyrights are those of the respective owners. The foregoing electricity supply offering is sold and contracted by Constellation NewEnergy, Inc., a subsidiary of Constellation Energy Group, Inc. Constellation Energy Group, Inc. is not affiliated with Sears Brands, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
* ComEd’S RATES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE AND THEREFORE WE CANNOT GUARANTEE SAVINGS OVER THE FULL TERM OF OUR PRICE PLANS. Our price does not include any taxes, utility distribution charges or other utility fees, charges or credits. Estimated savings are based on ComEd’s BES residential (non-electric space heating) rate as in effect on February 15, 2011, which includes an Electricity Supply Charge and a Transmission Services Charge. ComEd also invoices its customers for Purchase Electricity Adjustment (PEA) costs in form of monthly varying charges or credits. We excluded the PEA costs from our calculation as they are designed to net each other out over each June – May supply period. Customers on ComEd’s BES residential (electric space heating) rate will not save. For more information visit home.constellation.com. Your current supplier may charge you an early termination fee.
** ONLY NEW CUSTOMER CONTRACTS NOT TERMINATED WITHIN 90 DAYS ARE ELIGIBLE FOR REWARDS CARDS. Cards are issued by Citibank, N.A. pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A. Inc. and managed by Citi® Prepaid Services. Cards will not have cash access and can be used everywhere Visa® debit cards are accepted. Please allow 8-10 weeks after your first bill to receive your card. To check the status of your card or to report lost or stolen cards, please call 1-800-522-7458 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Requires successful utility enrollment for new customers only in applicable areas.
*** Guarantee Period. You may terminate our Contract without incurring an early termination fee during the 90 days following your enrollment date (the Guarantee Period) by notifying us in writing or by calling our customer care center at 1-877-997-9995.