Electricity Options for Texas Residents
Products & Services Available in Texas
Did you know that you can shop for electricity just like you shop for a new TV or mobile phone? Electricity customers in competitive areas of Texas can do just that. Do you live in an area with an electricity market open to competition? Go to StarTex Power’s website to find out!
Constellation Energy provides residential electricity plans to customers in Texas through its subsidiary, StarTex Power. StarTex Power offers a variety of electricity plans to residential customers including:
- Flexibility with short or long-term agreements
- Fixed rate plans that offer price protection against rate volatility
- Hassle free switching with no service interruption
- Environmentally friendly 100% renewable electricity options
Residential electricity customers can choose plans with long-term, low fixed rates. Get Started on StarTex Power’s website
Here are some quick facts about StarTex Power’s (PUCT# 10089) offers in Texas:
- Customer care is free! StarTex Power doesn’t charge fees to ask questions, request help, or make payments by phone or online. StarTex Power customers experience the “Star Treatment” with low rates, award-winning customer care service and no surprises. Learn More on StarTex Power’s website
- StarTex Power customers choose their payment options. Pay online, by phone, regular mail, or go paperless. Check out Payer’s Choice on StarTex Power’s website
- Signing up is fast and easy. Have questions? View FAQs on StarTex Power’s website
- All a customer needs is 5 minutes to sign up today. Get Started on StarTex Power’s website
Texas Electric Choice Fast Facts
Before competition began in 2002, one company (your Transmission and Distribution Utility or TDU) provided all aspects of energy services to homes in your service area. Since the electricity industry opened its electricity market to competition, it provided consumers with a greater selection of retail electric providers. This gives residential customers the chance to save as providers compete for the opportunity to power your home.
Great electricity rates are available through Star Tex Power, a Better Business Bureau A+ rated company in Texas
These materials are provided by Constellation NewEnergy, Inc., Constellation Energy Power Choice, Inc., Constellation Energy Gas Choice, Inc., Constellation Energy Services, Inc., Constellation Energy Services – Natural Gas, LLC, or BGE Home Products & Services, LLC (d/b/a BGE Home, Constellation Electric and Constellation Home in Maryland and d/b/a Constellation Home in Pennsylvania and Texas), each a subsidiary of Exelon Corporation. Exelon Corporation also owns Baltimore Gas and Electric Company (BGE), ComEd and PECO energy companies. BGE Home Products & Services, LLC, is not the same company as BGE, the regulated utility. The prices of Constellation are not regulated by any state Public Utility Commission. You do not have to buy Constellation electricity, natural gas or any other products to receive the same quality regulated service from your local utility. Brand names and product names are trademarks or service marks of their respective holders. All rights reserved. Errors and omissions excepted.
Electricity or Gas Supplier License #s: CT DPUC Docket No.99-11-14 07-03-08, 06-02-17; GA PSC License Docket #: 22253, GM-33; IL #s 11-0394, 10-0540, 02-0489; 10-0129, 07-0279, MD License #s IR-228, IR-1853, IR-311, IR-327, IR-500; MA License #CS-045; MI Case #U-14066, U-13660; NJ License #ESL-0016, ESL-0066; GSL-0074; OH #s 00-003E(7); 02-021G(6); PA#s A-125050, A-110036, A-110186; Washington D.C. Supplier License Docket EA01-5, EA-06-5-4, #GA-2012-12, GA-11-5