COVID-19 Update for Commercial Business
Thank you for continuing to be a valued Constellation customer. Your safety and that of our employees is our top priority, and we want to assure you that we are closely monitoring developments related to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic and taking necessary precautions to protect the health and safety of our customers and colleagues. As part of the Exelon family, Constellation has a strong balance sheet and a high credit rating to survive disruptive periods. We will be with your business as we move towards recovery.
How can I get help with adjusting my business’ energy usage needs?
If business operations at your location(s) are changing significantly in response to COVID-19 with impacts to your energy usage, please let us know right away so we can adjust load forecasts and/or schedule appropriately to avoid additional costs or penalties. You can contact your Constellation representative directly, or:
- Energy Manager, our customer portal, is a convenient way to access your account remotely 24/7 to view transactions, check balances, make payments and more. We've made several enhancements that make it easier than ever to manage your account digitally. Visit energymanager.constellation to login or sign up.
How can I expect my business sales representative to communicate with me?
We will attempt to accommodate necessary in-person meetings, but based on company travel restrictions, you'll see a reduction in the frequency of our in-person visits, meetings and events in the short term. Your representative might be unable to meet with you face-to-face, with more online interaction.
How will Constellation administer new and/or renewal business contracts?
Constellation continues to offer its convenient eSignature tool for execution of agreements. Your representative can assist you as appropriate.
What is the status of new late payment charges during COVID-19?
Constellation is waiving new late payment charges from March 18, 2020 until May 1, 2020. If you have questions, please reach out to your BDM or our customer support team.
- Power customers can call us at 844-636-3749 or email us at CustomerCare@constellation.com
- Gas customers can call us at 844-200-3427 or email us at GasCustomerCare@constellation.com
What else can I do now to help manage my energy strategy through this crisis?
Now is a good time to review your energy plan with your Constellation representative. They can help you with options like these:
- With an eye towards the long run, review where prices are today for Calendars 2021 – 2025 with where they were a few weeks ago.
- Consider extending purchases into later years, if you have not done so already. If you have, consider adding another layer.
- If you are a fixed price product buyer, consider adding another year or two to your position.
Quick list of resources:
- Energy Manager – Access our tool complimentary to power and gas customers to reflect your changing energy needs and review your bill.
- Webinar Registration – Register for our April 8th Special Edition Ask the Experts webinar, where Constellation market analysts answer your questions that pertain to COVID-19 and its impact on the energy industry.
- Subscription Center – Stay apprised of the latest energy market intel, such as our eMarket Update and our latest blog posts, including Market Expert Brian Habacivch’s recent post on COVID-19 and its impacts on the economy, and natural gas and power markets.
- E-Signature – Constellation continues to offer its convenient eSignature tool for execution of agreements. Your representative can assist you as appropriate.
We continue to operate primarily business as usual, and we are taking necessary actions to support our customers, employees and business partners. Please be assured that we have robust plans and contingencies in place to ensure business continuity across a wide range of potentially disruptive events, including extensive preparedness for a major public health crisis.