COVID-19 Update for Commercial Business
Thank you for continuing to be a valued Constellation customer. Your safety and that of our employees is our top priority, and we want to assure you that we are closely monitoring developments related to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic and taking necessary precautions to protect the health and safety of our customers and colleagues. A subsidiary of Exelon, Constellation benefits from its parent company’s strong balance sheet and a high credit rating to survive disruptive periods. We will be with your business as we move towards recovery.
How can I get help with adjusting my business’ energy usage needs?
If business operations at your location(s) are changing significantly in response to COVID-19 with impacts to your energy usage, please let us know right away so we can adjust load forecasts and/or schedule appropriately to avoid additional costs or penalties. You can contact your Constellation representative directly, or:
Will my natural gas usage be lower than expected due to the COVID-19 pandemic?
If so, your natural gas contractual volumes may be higher than your actual usage, which could result in monthly buybacks for the difference. We understand that you may not be operating at full capacity during this time. Constellation has a payment plan option to defer the buyback and only pay for what you use now.* Please contact your Constellation representative for more information. *subject to approved credit and other terms and conditions.
How can I get a copy of my bill when we aren’t in the office to get the mail? Is there an easy way to pay my bill online?
- Energy Manager, our customer portal, is a convenient way to access your account remotely 24/7 to view transactions, check balances, make payments and more. We've made several enhancements that make it easier than ever to manage your account digitally. Visit energymanager.constellation to login or sign up.
How can I expect my business sales representative to communicate with me?
We will attempt to accommodate necessary in-person meetings, but based on company travel restrictions, you'll see a reduction in the frequency of our in-person visits, meetings and events in the short term. Your representative might be unable to meet with you face-to-face, with more online interaction.
How will Constellation administer new and/or renewal business contracts?
Constellation continues to offer its convenient eSignature tool for execution of agreements. Your representative can assist you as appropriate.
What else can I do now to help manage my energy strategy through this crisis?
Now is a good time to review your energy plan with your Constellation representative. They can help you with options like these:
- With an eye towards the long run, review where prices are today for Calendars 2022 – 2026 with where they were a few weeks ago.
- Consider extending purchases into later years, if you have not done so already. If you have, consider adding another layer.
- If you are a fixed price product buyer, consider adding another year or two to your position.
Commercial Customers in Connecticut:
If you request financial assistance to pay your electricity bill, you will be eligible for a COVID-19 Payment Program based on a recent order of the Connecticut Public Utilities Regulatory Authority. This Payment Program will be administered through us or your local utility, depending on who bills you for your electricity supply service. No initial or down payment will be required, and payments may be spread over as many as 24 months with no additional fees or interest charges. Please contact us at 1-844-636-3749 if you are interested in more information.
Quick list of resources:
Two Monthly Events that Cover the Impact of COVID-19 on the Economy and Energy Markets
- Check out our newest webcast series, Fortunato & Friends, featuring Exelon Chief Economist Ed Fortunato and a special guest on the first Tuesday of every month at 2 p.m. ET. Fortunato and his guest talk about important events in depth, such as vaccine distribution, and how they impact the economy. Register at www.constellation.com/fortunatoandfriends.
- In addition, you may be familiar with our monthly Energy Market Intel Webinar hosted by in-house energy market experts. Don’t miss the opportunity to hear comprehensive updates on factors affecting energy prices, such as weather, gas storage and production, and domestic and global economic conditions (such as the pandemic). Register at http://www.constellation.com/marketintelwebinar.
Resources to Help Energy Managers Both Manage and Lower Energy Bills
Blog Series for Energy Managers Who Want to Better Understand their Power Contracts
- Understanding your Energy Contract When Faced with the Unexpected
- How to Read Your Energy Contract Like a Professional
- Line Losses: Overlooked and Often Misunderstood
- Understanding Transmission Costs in Your Power Bill
- The Value of a Stable Energy Supplier in a Volatile Economy – Not all energy suppliers are the same. Learn what to look for in an energy supplier.
- Subscription Center – Stay apprised of the latest energy market intel, such as our eMarket Update, Market Intel Webinar invitations, and our latest blog posts.
- Energy Manager – Access our tool complimentary to power and gas customers to reflect your changing energy needs and review your bill.
- E-Signature – Constellation continues to offer its convenient eSignature tool for execution of agreements. Your representative can assist you as appropriate.
- CARES Act Info: Help with Business Expenses – Access information on the Paycheck Protection Program (PPP) loans.
As a Constellation business customer you are invited to take advantage of a great benefit. Constellation is offering a 5% Discount off Constellation’s residential electricity or natural gas supply rate in your area.
Choose Constellation and receive:
- A 5% Discount off Constellation’s residential electric or natural gas supply rate in your area
- A fixed rate for protection from changing utility supply rates
- No service interruptions or new equipment to install
- Quick and easy sign up (just click or call)
We continue to operate primarily business as usual, and we are taking necessary actions to support our customers, employees and business partners. Please be assured that we have robust plans and contingencies in place to ensure business continuity across a wide range of potentially disruptive events, including extensive preparedness for a major public health crisis.