Products & Services Available in the District of Columbia
Just like opting for a new phone or TV service, DC residents can select a new electric supplier. Electric Choice gives residents the chance to consider a plan that more closely meets their energy needs and better serves their household budget. By choosing a different pricing option it provides residents with an additional opportunity for managing your electricity costs.
DC residents are not required to switch to Constellation Energy and have the option of remaining a customer of their current utility. To be eligible for our home electric services in DC, customers must live in the (PEPCO) utility service territory.
Residential electricity customers can obtain long term fixed price assurance and may be able to save on electricity prices by choosing Constellation Energy.
DC Electric Choice Fast Facts
Thus far, only Washington, D.C. residents and 10 states nationwide have the opportunity to choose a competitive electricity supplier. This means that residents can benefit by pursuing pricing options that may be lower or fixed for a longer term than the current utility price found on their most recent electric bill.
Here are some quick facts about our offers in Washington, D.C.:
- Your current local utility, PEPCO, will continue to be responsible for the reliability in delivery of your service and billing process.
- Constellation Energy does not charge a switching fee to sign up for its offer, and signing up is easy, and only takes about 5 minutes.
- Constellation Energy’s customers can earn additional rewards if they recommend us to family members or friends living in the areas we serve.
- All a customer needs is a recent copy of their electric bill and 5 minutes to sign up today.
Our History in DC
In addition to now serving residential customers living in the DC area, business customers in the nation’s capital have chosen Constellation for years. For instance:
- Multiple federal agencies based out of Washington have been able to conserve energy, with a number of energy efficiency projects in progress that generate renewable energy and help conserve water for federally-owned buildings located throughout the U.S.
- Howard University & Howard University Hospital have worked with us to make significant energy efficient upgrades, which have helped improve infrastructure reliability, life safety, and indoor air quality.
- We’ve served businesses and residents throughout the DC area as an endorsed energy supplier of a leading commercial and multi-family residential real estate membership organization.
- DC PSC