Constellation Peak Response
Constellation's Peak Response program is available to both fixed price and index customers. Customers with a fixed price still enjoy greater budget certainty, plus they gain the potential for their capacity and/or transmission costs to go down. Customers buying their power on index may secure additional savings, as peak load hours generally coincide with some of the highest energy price hours of the year.
Each year, businesses pay Peak Load Contribution (PLC) charges that account for 20 to 30 percent of their total electric bill. There is a simple way to significantly lower these charges - and overall energy costs.
Through our exclusive Constellation Peak Response program, business customers are notified of predicted peak hours as infrequently as twice per year.
The peak hours are the hours utilities may use to determine a customer's capacity and/or transmission charges for the following year. The less energy used during the peak hours this year, the lower the costs for next year.
- Voluntary participation—low-risk opportunity.
- Informational access into consumption patterns.
- For fixed capacity shared savings customers—active participation results in a credit on your invoice during the year following your participation in the program.
- For pass-through capacity customers—active participation results in a reduced peak load contribution (PLC) and therefore a lower monthly capacity charge the following year.
- For fixed capacity notification only customers—active participation results in a reduced peak load contribution (PLC) and therefore a lower monthly capacity charge when a new contract is priced.