Electricity Supply Products
Explore electricity supply products from Constellation offers you the flexibility you need, while helping you meet your financial and environmental goals.
- Fixed Price
- Index Price
- Flexible Fixed Price (FFP)
- Flexible Index Solutions (FIS)
- Index Plus Block Solutions
- Demand Response
- Peak Load Management
- Minimize Volatile Pricing (MVPe)
Defining how to purchase your power, and research confirms that “the how” is essential, can include any of the product solutions below.
- A Fixed price solution offers you price stability and simplicity. You pay one fixed price per kilowatt for all of your electricity usage for the term of your choice. One-time decision, one price, one simple bill.
- Pricing risk is managed by Constellation.
- Customers who have limited load-shifting capabilities should select this option. It provides consistent and predictable load.
- Layering in percentages of your electricity with fixed pricing can help minimize risk and avoid higher priced points in time.
- You do not lock in any of the costs associated with your power purchase. Your power supply price will float with the index of choice and is not subject to any risk premiums for fixing load.
- This product is recommended for energy-savvy clients who are familiar with volatile electricity markets.
- Because your usage is settled at your chosen index, you can take advantage of market opportunities without committing to a price.
- Our research shows that incorporating index into your purchasing strategy tends to lower price and risk.
Flexible Fixed Price (FFP)
- Similar to a standard fixed price but using several purchases over a longer period of time vs. one purchase decision.
- Provides the opportunity to capitalize on market fluctuations and mitigate risk.
- Don’t try to time the market and actively spreading your risk over time with multiple fixed price purchases over time
- Eliminate purchase indecision creating by fixing your energy rate at a single point in time.
Watch our video on Flexible Price Products
Flexible Index Solutions (FIS)
- Flexible Index is a managed strategy that fixes a percentage of your energy usage over the term of the contract, while the remaining volumes are settling using the chosen index.
- FIS is appropriate for customers who need price stability and active cost management.
- You pay a fixed fee for a percentage of your usage, even if it varies due to unforeseen events such as a heat wave.
- You have the option of locking in 100% of your monthly consumption. This would result in a fixed kWh price.
Index Plus Block Solutions
- The Index Plus Block solution is suitable for energy-savvy buyers who are willing to invest the time and effort in making ongoing decisions about when and how much power to purchase and who value the flexibility that comes with taking an active role in managing
- Fixed block volumes do not protect against usage variance risk. Any discrepancy between actual and fixed volumes will be resolved by the index.
- Take advantage of historically lower Index rates for all or a portion of your monthly kWh (Fixed Block).
- CPower Energy Management and Constellation maintain a strategic demand response alliance. Demand Response can assist your organization in reducing energy costs, earning money by utilizing existing energy supplies, improving sustainability, and contributing to a balanced, reliable grid.
- Learn more about demand response, DSM, and CPower by visiting CPower's Knowledge Base