An Offsite Renewable Energy Alternative
As more businesses commit to meeting renewable energy goals, many are realizing that the renewable energy options available to them are difficult to implement, carry unwanted risks, and don’t make a strong enough sustainability statement.
Constellation’s CORe products combine location-specific renewable energy purchases and renewable energy certificates (RECs) with a physical, load-following, energy supply contract.
If your business is looking for an even more impactful renewable option, CORe+ supports the development of new build renewable assets through your retail power contract.
How CORe Works
Meeting Renewable Energy Goals
Customers can achieve renewable goals and make a local offsite renewable energy purchase with a retail power supply contract through our CORe product. With CORe, your company can show its customers, shareholders, communities and employees the specific facility on the same regional power grid from which it purchases its renewable energy. Energy and RECs from the local generation facility can be procured as a part of your retail supply contract. CORe products make buying your renewable energy easier.
Constellation powers 340 Illinois Starbucks with 100% renewable energy
Advantages of Constellation CORe and CORe+
- Simplicity – offsite renewable energy integrated on your retail electric supply bill.
- Predictability - Manage your budget with a single fixed price for renewable supply for every spin of your meter. The CORe+ product includes physical load-following energy supply to you, inclusive of all applicable transmission, ancillary services and other non-distribution costs as required for generation, but also allows you the flexibility of passing through certain pricing components at your election. *
- Buying Power – access wholesale power markets through Constellation’s knowledge and buying power.
- Credit – energy offtake backed by the investment grade credit of Exelon Generation, simplifying credit considerations for retail customers.
* See contract for full terms and conditions